You will be joining a world-class team of pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Aurora’s mission is to bring the benefits of self-driving technology to as many people as quickly and safely as possible.
Do you have a passion for developing leaders? Experience leading teams that deliver outsized impact? Each day, we experience the thrill of being on the front lines, testing revolutionary technology. We optimize operations for thousands of tests to ensure safety and provide valuable feedback to engineers that improves our product. As an Autonomous Vehicle Operations Manager, you’ll lead a team of Autonomous Vehicle Operations Specialists and collaborate closely with product and engineering to improve our products. If you thrive in an environment that changes everyday and love constantly learning, Aurora may be the place for you!
- Lead a team to safely and efficiently test cutting-edge technology. Thoroughly understand & teach how our self-driving technology works. Partner with team members to safely operate test vehicles to evaluate our technology
- Provide feedback early and often. Invest in coaching to foster strong professional development
- Design, execute and optimize our operations. Coach team members in building processes & systems from scratch. Lead team to meet quantitative and qualitative goals
- Collaborate with product and engineering to improve the performance of our technology
- Exceptional leadership skills & judgment. No roadmap exists. We create it together each day
- Strong communication, prioritization, attention to detail and initiative
- Safety first focus
- Ability to monitor alpha software on a laptop and type in a moving vehicle for extended periods of time
- Experience working in a collaborative management environment
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, not always planned far in advance. Up to 30% travel
- 4+ years management experience with proven record of success
- Experience in operations, technology, robotics, or automotive field. Does not need to be direct industry experience
- Passion & expertise for vehicles, vehicle maintenance, or vehicle technology
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and creating processes and workflows
This is a full time, exempt position with Aurora.