You will be joining a world-class team of self-driving vehicle pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Our company is nestled in the two nerve centers of self-driving technology: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Palo Alto, California.
In this role, you will architect, design and develop our core mapping algorithms, data-structures and tools that enable autonomous operation.
- Define our mapping architecture and approach
- Develop algorithms that create metrically correct descriptions of the world
- Develop data structures that enable efficient queries about static parts of the driving environment
- BS/MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills to support high performance perception
- Experience with perception sensors including LIDAR, radar, and cameras
- Expertise in the design of very large adaptive data structures and familiarity with mapping and localization
- Experience with embedded Linux and real-time systems
- Machine learning and labeling experience