You will be joining a world-class team of self-driving vehicle pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Our company is nestled in the two nerve centers of self-driving technology: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Palo Alto, California.
Our Mechanical Engineers work closely with a multidisciplinary team spanning both hardware and software to define, design, integrate, and test self-driving vehicle systems.
- Work closely with autonomy software teams to define and translate sensor, planning, and control requirements into hardware specifications
- Design, prototype, test, and integrate beautiful, robust sensors, computers, and their accompanying power, heating, cooling and cleaning solutions
- Work with hardware platform partners to optimize your designs for high-volume production and long service life
- This role requires a bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering. Preference is given to those who have broad experience spanning several disciplines in the robotics domain
- Applicants with a master's degree should have 2+ years of total professional experience with direct contribution to successful and relevant products
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree should have 3+ years of total professional experience with direct contribution to successful and relevant products
- Proficient in SolidWorks or related CAD packages
- Hobbyists with significant DIY experience and a demonstrated track record of turning around solid designs and great products
- Experience with or applied knowledge of motor vehicle systems and bus architectures
- Experience with both rapid prototyping and design for manufacture
- Understanding of automotive requirements and qualification processes