You will be joining a world-class team of self-driving vehicle pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Our company is nestled in the two nerve centers of self-driving technology: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Palo Alto, California.
As a software engineer focused on tools, you’ll help our teams refine the foundational data upon which we build self-driving technology. Your work will enable us to take a data-driven approach. Your obsession with detail will help drive quality and efficiency improvements. And your brilliance in prototyping quickly will enable us to constantly test crazy new ideas. You’ll collaborate closely with our operations team, as well as core product and engineering teams, to develop tools our products couldn’t exist without.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and optimize web applications and APIs for internal teams and 3rd party vendors. Initial scope includes mapping and data labeling operations, automation of QA, vehicle testing operations, analytics, and diagnostic tools
- Rapidly prototype applications (e.g. <2 days) to test new ideas
- Build strong relationships with operations team, engineering team, and 3rd party partners to design solutions that maximize quality, efficiency, speed, and flexibility
- Prioritize effectively across multiple projects & deadlines
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience developing user-facing software
- Superb attention to detail, highly analytical
- Experience with 3d graphics: OpenGL, WebGL, three.js
- Experience prototyping. Demonstrated skill in rapid development to test new ideas
- Experience in GEO/Map building
- Experience with large data sets & data analysis: SQL, elasticsearch