You will be joining a world-class team of pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Aurora’s mission is to bring the benefits of self-driving technology to as many people as quickly and safely as possible.
Each day, we experience the thrill of being on the front lines, testing revolutionary technology. We optimize operations for thousands of tests to ensure safety and provide valuable feedback to engineers that improves our product. If you thrive in an environment that changes everyday and love constantly learning, Aurora may be the place for you!
- Thoroughly understand how our self-driving technology works. Stay on top of countless daily changes, both big and small
- Safely operate test vehicles for up to 10 hours a day to evaluate and help improve our technology. Consistently make exceptional judgment calls
- Build processes & systems from scratch
- Share detailed feedback on our technology & top priorities with engineers and managers
- Be the voice of Aurora to self-driving enthusiasts & curious onlookers
- Exceptional critical thinking. No roadmap exists. We create it together each day.
- Willingness to always be learning and excited to learn everyday.
- Safety first focus
- Ability to monitor alpha software on a laptop and type in a moving vehicle for extended periods of time
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written & attention to detail
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, not always planned far in advance. Overtime is required. Up to 25% travel
- Your office is the vehicle. Expect to spend at least 80% of your time in our vehicles
- Proven record of success thriving in a team setting
- 2-4 years experience in operations, technology, robotics, or automotive field. Does not need to be direct industry experience
- Passion for vehicles and/or vehicle maintenance experience
- Expertise in vehicle technology -- for instance, Solar Racing team member
This is a full time, non-exempt position with Aurora.