You will be joining a world-class team of self-driving vehicle pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Our company is nestled in the two nerve centers of self-driving technology: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Palo Alto, California.
Our Finance Manager works closely with a multidisciplinary team spanning hardware, software and data services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages AP, vendor relations, and assists in handling all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation and recommend operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of accounting experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Must have Quickbooks, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work