You will be joining a world-class team of self-driving vehicle pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Our company is nestled in the nerve centers of self-driving technology: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as well as San Francisco and Palo Alto, California.
Our Planning & Controls engineers develop and implement core algorithms for making intelligent driving decisions in complex environments.
- Develop motion planning algorithms for comfortable and safe trajectories for a self-driving vehicle
- Develop policies and plans to manage multi-actor interactions and plans under uncertainty
- Model vehicle and controller dynamics and use these models to characterize and accelerate controller improvements
- Develop and implement production-grade algorithms.
- Build learning approaches that adapt the above algorithms in the presence of data
- BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science or related field
- Strong C++ programming and software design skills
- Familiarity with modern planning approaches including randomized search methods and trajectory optimization and modern model predictive control and other advanced control techniques
- Knowledge of machine learning and the interplay between learning and decision making
- Experience in designing and building state of the art machine learning algorithms
- Experience with adaptive control, system identification, and statistical and machine learning methods
- Experience with embedded Linux and real-time systems