You will be joining a world-class team of self-driving vehicle pioneers that is enabling a revolution in safe and efficient transportation. Our company is nestled in the two nerve centers of self-driving technology: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Palo Alto, California.
Fleet Reliability Engineers develop, maintain and operate the software infrastructure for our vehicle fleet. This role is very similar to an SRE, but with fleets of vehicles rather than datacenters.
- Automate vehicle infrastructure tasks to ensure scalable operation of autonomous vehicles: software deployment, system configuration, autonomous data collection, data offload, and more.
- Develop systems for monitoring vehicle fleet and recording detailed vehicle health information.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues in the field (hardware or software); propose and implement solutions to ensure they do not happen again.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in Python and C++ programming. Expertise in other languages welcome.
- Experience in Linux software development
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems in the field
- Prior experience in an SRE/VRE role
- Experience with sensor hardware: cameras, radar, lidar, GPS, etc.
- Experience in Bazel