What We're Looking For
The number one goal of a UX designer is to solve problems visually—utilizing composition, typography, and graphic techniques to guide the user toward the best possible experience. As a proven and driven UX Designer, you have a passion for designing engaging sites and digital products that delight users. While you’re fully capable of crafting and championing your own designs, you love collaborating with a team of analysts, developers, and strategists to define the ideal visual approach, then present this design to clients.
What You’re Looking For
You’re experienced in interface and digital design; you want to craft, create, and refine big visual ideas for important organizations and companies. You enjoy the variety of working with multiple clients and industries. You are excited by the challenge of having design responsibility for an entire project from beginning to end. You’re passionate about learning from your coworkers, improving your skills, and communicating your choices to clients in a persuasive and compelling manner. Finally, you’re a process guru who loves to streamline and sharpen your workflow and how you approach complex visual problems; the goal always being to do better next time and share your favorite tactics and insights with your peers.
Atlantic BT helps clients realize their full potential through web-based solutions. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver custom digital solutions to enterprise and global businesses. We provide our employees with a rich, creative and collaborative environment to further their skills, interests, and experience in all aspects of web and application development. Our employees have significant influence in shaping their careers with input as to the technologies they want to use, types of responsibilities they want to take on, and the level of ownership they wish to accept.
Role & Responsibilities:
Much of your work at Atlantic BT will be contributing to large-scale website redesigns and products for enterprises, universities, and government agencies. You will work alongside talented and diverse designers, user researchers, digital strategists, front-end developers, and programmers. Don’t rule yourself out if you don’t have ALL the skills and experience we mention. We look for potential first. We need passionate, driven people who care about improving their craft every day.
- Brainstorm design concepts, then flesh out your ideas in look and feel explorations
- Work with user-centered and business goals to envision the best path/experience for the user through a series of wireframes
- Actively participate in internal and client-facing workshops and presentations
- Position and articulate design intentions to your team and clients
- Translate research findings to define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and interaction models to stakeholders
- Document feature behavior and interactions in detail and provide recommendations based on your analysis
- Produce design concepts that transition easily to other teams, including design assets and comps for mobile/responsive sites
- Seek peer feedback in design reviews
- Absorb and iterate on results from user testing or other channels
- Significant relevant experience, preferably in an agency setting. (A robust portfolio demonstrating high-quality solutions is acceptable in lieu of years of experience)
- Portfolio demonstrating your skill in design and UX best practices for websites, web applications, and mobile apps
- Solid grasp of leading graphics software (such as Adobe Photoshop) as well as software for generating wireframes and wireflows (such as Omnigraffle, Sketch, and/or Axure)
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects in the same week, switching focus when necessary
- Experience collaborating with user research and/or marketing teams to develop low-fidelity sketches or visions for sites, mobile apps, or web apps
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. Some travel is required (but it is infrequent for this position).
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits for full-time employees include 401K Plan with matching, health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance, as well as an excellent paid-time-off package. We have a fun, relaxed environment with an on-site fitness facility, extraordinarily competitive foosball league and Culture Club, which devotes significant energy to identifying fun and fitness opportunities for our employees.
Atlantic BT is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.