The .NET Developer is responsible for building web applications, maintaining existing .NET code, writing and optimizing SQL queries, and developing custom .NET solutions. For this position, we are seeking applicants with strong .NET development skills who are eager to make immediate contributions to our projects, expand their skill set, and grow as a professional developer.
Atlantic BT helps clients realize their full potential through web-based solutions. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver custom digital solutions to enterprise and global businesses. We provide our employees with a rich, creative and collaborative environment to further their skills, interests, and experience in all aspects of web and application development. Our employees have a significant influence in shaping their careers with input as to the technologies they want to use, types of responsibilities they want to take on, and the level of ownership they wish to accept.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, estimate, and implement small and medium features / enhancements.
- Work with other developers and architects to implement large features and entire applications.
- Develop and optimize schemas and queries for MSSQL or other DBMSs as appropriate.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks and bug fixes for applications.
- Perform code reviews for other developers.
- Write automated tests (unit, integration, user acceptance).
- Attend team meetings.
- Collaborate effectively with team members from all departments.
- Learn new frameworks, technologies, etc. as needed.
- Occasionally communicate and collaborate with clients, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong experience writing elegant, well documented, object-oriented C# using .NET Core and/or .NET MVC.
- Database architecture and implementation skills with experience in MSSQL or a similar DBMS.
- Dependable and professional.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, but also must work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and take ownership of their work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment on a number of projects.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Amazon Web Services
- Non-relational databases
- Unit Testing Framework such as XUnit, NUnit, MSTest, etc.
- Writing acceptance criteria, especially using Gherkin
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. Some travel is required (but it is infrequent for this position).
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits for full-time employees include a 401(k) Plan with matching, health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance, as well as an excellent paid-time-off package and parental leave. We have a fun, relaxed environment with an on-site fitness facility.
Atlantic BT does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Atlantic BT is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.