The Project Manager has day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running of their projects with a focus on the quality of delivery. To do this they should have great skills in effective project set up, budget control, project tracking and reporting, risk, and issue analysis and quality assurance. The ideal candidate should have experience managing multiple projects from discovery through launch and ongoing maintenance/support. This position is well suited for someone interested in working within a fast-paced environment, and flexible in their approach to succeed no matter the challenge.
Atlantic BT helps clients realize their full potential through web-based solutions. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver custom digital solutions to enterprise and global businesses. We provide our employees with a rich, creative and collaborative environment to further their skills, interests, and experience in all aspects of web and application development. Our employees have significant influence in shaping their careers with input as to the technologies they want to use, types of responsibilities they want to take on, and the level of ownership they wish to accept.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Own day-to-day communication with the client, be the face of the company
- Be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering the product
- Ensure solid processes are practiced through PM tool (Mavenlink, Jira) to help drive the success of the project
- Document all client communications with a high level of transparency on the status of projects
- Position deliverables and communicate key points effectively to the client and production team
- Understand and own project scope, budget, and timeline
- Understand the product and how to evaluate the delivery of the product on quality, performance, and stability
- Work with internal teams to continually define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects
- Understand budget and risk management within a project’s lifecycle and how to resolve associated issues
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple efforts to completion and deliver results under pressure
- Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate to clients as appropriate
- Be responsible for ensuring that relevant clients and account team members are kept up to date on project developments: changes in timings, costs and any issues arising
- Communicate regularly and don’t avoid difficult conversations
- Be proactive and learn as much as possible: reading relevant blogs and articles, attending training sessions, talking to experts and taking an interest in what is going on around you
- A Degree or equivalent relevant industry experience
- 3-5 years of web application development or project management experience, preferably in an agency environment - PMP not required
- Solid understanding of web development, techniques, and best practices
- Experience in project management models including Agile, Waterfall and Scrum
- Must be able to communicate effectively when demanding conflicts emerge
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented agency environment and be goals/results-oriented
- Excellent self-motivator with organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis who are able to execute with strong business, people and presentation skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. Some travel is required (but it is infrequent for this position).
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits for full-time employees include: 401K Plan with matching, health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as an excellent paid-time-off package. We have a fun, relaxed environment with an on-site fitness facility, extraordinarily competitive foosball league and Culture Club, which devotes significant energy to identifying fun and fitness opportunities for our employees.
Atlantic BT is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.