Atlantic BT is seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist that can wear many hats, take initiatives from concept to producing individual assets to reporting on performance of initiatives. This candidate has graduated past an aggregate-behavioral mindset towards marketing and has fully embraced a methodical, systematic approach that leverages user-level data. B2B experience preferred.
The role of the Digital Marketing Strategist is to use their understanding of current digital marketing best practices and produce and implement strategies that meet the business needs of our clients as well as ABT’s lead and demand generation objectives.
In a nutshell
- You are both creative and technical; we want someone that lives and breathes Google.
- You have a can-do attitude. You love a challenge and can handle both internal marketing and client service requests.
- You get to work alongside our Accounts and Research teams, where you conduct research to better understand our client's needs, gain consumer insights, and help develop approaches and technical plans that leverage best practices and latest trends.
- You are responsible for implementing the tactics outlined in strategy documents and you continually provide feedback to our customers on the success of these tactics while making recommendations, enhancements, measuring experiments and conducting conversion tests to ultimately improve underperforming campaigns.
- You are expected to be constantly improving your knowledge of digital marketing practices to 1) nurture your professional development and 2) provide the best possible approach to our company and our clients.
- You are responsible for leveraging your expertise in current internet marketing best practices and trends to develop solutions that meet the business needs of our clients.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements effective digital marketing plans that meet our clients and ABT’s business needs, making use of the most current and appropriate digital marketing best practices
- Plans and executes all digital marketing strategies, including social media, SEO/SEM, paid advertising, email marketing, and display advertising campaigns
- Provides comprehensive analysis, insights, and recommendations for improvement by leveraging analytics data that identifies key areas that help increase traffic, ROI, and overall performance of marketing campaigns
- Produces the strategy and development of key performance indicators (KPIs), measurement plans, marketing automation implementations and builds performance analysis reporting that validates the effectiveness of campaigns against client business goals
- Optimizes multi-channel campaigns through rigorous quantitative measurement and testing, including A/B and multivariate testing, improving on our process as needed
- Manages campaign timelines and budgets, as well as coordination of the production of any required campaign assets
- Develops experimental and innovative methods to achieve organizational and strategic objectives
- Collaborates with project teams to inform design, content, and user experience direction for the project
- Works closely with project and account teams to identify areas of opportunity within current client work
- Constantly improves personal knowledge of digital marketing practices
What does a day, week, month look like?
- Develop and architect ongoing systems for campaign conception, creation, and implementation
- Produce and document a marketing strategy aligned with business goals
- Implement the campaign in the designated channels
- Identify necessary KPIs
- Identify necessary content pieces
- Forecast expected outcome/performance of campaigns
- Produce and execute on necessary test plans to iterate and fine-tune campaigns
- Build and execute marketing automation plans
- Segment contacts
- Identify necessary content assets
- Draft and implement nurture campaigns for appropriate segments
- Build, fine-tune and monitor paid and non-paid campaigns via appropriate channels
- Produce schema for mapping marketing leads for attribution and reporting
- Minimum 5 years of internet marketing experience preferably in an agency environment
- Solid understanding of digital marketing strategies and techniques and best practices across SEO, PPC, email marketing, content marketing, and social media
- Advanced Google Analytics and Google Ads experience required, certification preferred
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints
- Advanced understanding of marketing automation implementation strategies with tools like Hubspot, Pardot, or similar
- Ability to implement Tag Manager user tracking, events, goals, and conversions
- Experience with eCommerce marketing and marketing automation highly desirable
- Strong technical abilities as it relates to internet marketing
- Ability to manage both client and internal marketing initiatives
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation that aligns to client’s business objectives
- Deep analytical background with a proven record for structuring and solving problems, drawing conclusions, and formulating recommendations
- Excellent organizational and analytic and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Meticulous attention to detail and overall product quality
- Team player (those great personality types that people love to work with)
- Bonus points for copywriting and content strategy experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. Some travel is required (but it is infrequent for this position).
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits for full-time employees include 401K Plan with matching, health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance, as well as an excellent paid-time-off package. We have a fun, relaxed environment with an on-site fitness facility, extraordinarily competitive foosball league and Culture Club, which devotes significant energy to identifying fun and fitness opportunities for our employees.
Atlantic BT is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.