is a quickly growing cyber insurance startup, based out of Mountain View, CA. We are a pretty unique combination of fintech/insurtech and cyber security that takes us to new territories no person has gone before.
We are an insurance company built by cyber security and insurance experts, because cyber risk requires a complete redesign of how risk is selected and priced. By better understanding cyber risk, we can create better insurance products and services. Cyber insurance is the fastest growing insurance line today, as companies become increasingly reliant on digital operations. So far, we have raised $19M from institutional and private investors, including Khosla Ventures and LightSpeed. We are currently 22 people in total split roughly evenly across our two offices in Mountain View, CA and Tel Aviv, Israel
You will play a key role in our cyber underwriting operation. You will be in directly involved in soliciting and managing business from our brokers and partners. Using our state of the art analytical toolkit, you’ll support ongoing risk decisions involving millions of dollars of exposure. This is a hands on Underwriting role where you’ll see many different accounts and will need to make decisions on each risk, but you will also assist in developing new tools, insights and understanding of cyber risk and insurance. This role requires a great combination of cyber underwriting skills, insurance knowledge, and overall business acumen.
- Produce business through brokers and partners
- Play point role for At-bay’s core broker relationships, making sure our brokers are getting world class service through building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Propose & negotiate price, coverage and terms for insurance policies while actively identify account rounding opportunities
- Solicit, and analyze risk within At-bay’s guidelines and ensure proper documentation. service existing renewals and new business portfolio
- Collaborate with cyber analytics, product, marketing and other parts of At-bay to make sure brokers are getting the best At-bay has to offer
- Work with technology and data teams to create tools to enhance the underwriting process
Attributes and Qualifications
- Proven experience as underwriter or account executive in cyber liability, Tech, Media E&O, or other financial lines and specialty commercial insurance
- You possess solid knowledge of specialty commercial underwriting and insurance industry theories/practices
- Strong technology affinity, ability to work with advanced analytics software
- Technical background. Strong plus if you already know what DNS, IP addresses, ports, databases, WHOIS records, and other software/computer networking concepts are.
- You are team player; you make everyone else on the team better and you don’t let your ego get in the way
- You are the kind of person who gets a deep satisfaction from getting things done, and always has a sense of urgency
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic tech environment
- You have a clear, concise communication style
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, benefits and options package
- A challenging role with a dynamic company, with professional growth opportunity
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- Great office location in the heart of Mountain View’s Castro street. One block from the Mountain View Caltrain station