At-Bay is a fast-growing cyber and specialty insurance startup based out of Mountain View, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Tel Aviv. We are an insurance company built by cybersecurity experts. We use our security expertise to better understand cyber risk and thus create better insurance products and services. Cyber insurance is the fastest growing insurance product today as companies become increasingly reliant on digital solutions. We have raised over $50M in funding, backed by Khosla Ventures, LightSpeed and Munich Re Ventures. We are currently 50 people with a plan to double our headcount by year-end.
- Manage and grow At-bay’s core broker base and GWP in the Mid West region, making sure our brokers are getting world-class service at all times.
- Use a broker management approach to increase broker base and to build on current relationships within your assigned territory
- Create and execute a business plan for the Midwestern region including new business growth, marketing, broker strategy and forecasting to support company goals.
- Manage and grow all of At-Bay’s portfolio of products in the <REGION> region, with a need to grow GWP at a fast rate while always being aware of the bottom line.
- Propose & negotiate price, coverage, and terms for insurance policies, and actively identify account rounding opportunities
- Solicit and analyze risk within At-bay’s guidelines and ensure proper documentation. service existing renewals and new business portfolio
- Collaborate with cyber analytics, product, marketing and other parts of At-bay to make sure brokers are getting the best At-bay has to offer
- Work with technology and data teams to create tools to enhance the underwriting process
- Build and manage a regional underwriting team as we continue to grow and bring on additional underwriting staff and other regional positions
Attributes and Qualifications
- Proven experience as a manager or senior underwriter in cyber liability, Tech, Media E&O, or other financial lines or specialty commercial insurance
- You possess solid knowledge of specialty commercial underwriting, and insurance industry theories and practices
- Strong technology affinity, ability to work with advanced analytics software
- Technical background. Strong plus if you already know what DNS, IP addresses, ports, databases, WHOIS records, and other software/computer networking concepts are.
- You’re an amazing team player; you make everyone else on the team better and you don’t let your ego get in the way
- You are the kind of person who gets deep satisfaction from getting things done, and is not afraid to cross the t’s and dot the I’s
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment
- You have a clear, concise communication style
- Strong grasp on coaching and mentoring people
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, benefits and options package
- An amazing role and professional growth opportunity
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with