MISSION: The Project Superintendent’s mission is to coordinate and oversee all construction site activities, lead and supervise all field personnel and subcontractors, produce and maintain accurate project planning, documentation, and records, while maintaining the highest level of safety and integrity. The Project Superintendent is charged with upholding professional representation of the company.
• Prioritize safety: supports and understands that safety comes before all else.
• Attention to detail with the knowledge of overall project scope: Does not let important details derail a project or slip through the cracks.
• Comfortable in a team environment with a wide range of personalities and skills: collaborative, trust/team building skills.
• Organized and proactive; Forward-thinking: the ability to actively process data for insightful conclusions, and structures processes in sensible chronological order; ability to plan ahead, scheduling skills, time-management skills. Have a comprehensive understanding work scope and ability to properly identify and sequence different work.
• Strong leadership aptitude: exhibits enthusiasm and excitement; has a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, with a strong work ethic and strong values; the ability to reinforce positive behaviors and talent for persuading compliance; naturally diplomatic.
• Willingness to mentor/teach/guide new craftsmen; ability to develop people and install positive attitudes, good work ethics, and high standards.
• Willingness to learn from others; humble; comfortable asking for help or guidance if needed.
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately; capacity to suitably speak to laborers, architects, inspectors, owner representatives, etc.; excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Effectively and efficiently manage several activities at once; able to produce significant output with minimally wasted effort.
• Intelligence – ability to absorb new ideas, concepts, and information quickly; ability to conceptualize.
• Broad knowledge of construction means and methods, material usage and capacity; knowledge of different disciplines/trades to facilitate proper sequencing and scope completion.
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
• Sense of urgency with the ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Attention to cost-saving methodologies – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get a task completed efficiently and cost-effectively.
• Works hard and works smart; generates new and innovative ways/approaches to solve a problem.
• Ability to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities.
• Comfortable working with project management software, Microsoft Project, Excel, Outlook.