Our client is an institutional trading company with dominant presence in Japan and the US looking for their next Senior Java Developer.
If you think you’re the right fit, we want to hear from you stat!
Who We Are
We are looking for our next Senior Java Developer to join us in our journey of building and keeping robust, scalable, and highly efficient systems that support the backbone of this financial institution.
As a member of an 11-person team, our small but mighty group is a significant part of the huge ecosystem that helps our back-office support functions get what they need even before they know it, be it in matters of government compliance, legal, accounting, or sales.
As a group, we are known to be cohesive, collaborative, a little rebellious, and always trying to push the boundaries on what’s possible.
What You Will Do
· Continuously maintain and modernize our Java web applications. We create products that touch every department in the company although our main focus is on Equities, Operations, and Fixed Income applications
· Write ad hoc scripts on the fly to automate jobs or generate ad hoc reports
· Develop Informatica workflows to handle backend batch processing
· Participate in design meetings with the rest of team and end users
· Help us spearhead our new Amazon Web Service initiative by developing mobile first serverless web applications
Who You Are
· 2+ years HTML/CSS
· Good verbal and written communication skills as we communicate frequently via email with our end users and other groups
· Confident in meeting with end users to capture features and requirements
Nice to Have:
· A talent for or at least an interest in user interface design
· Experience with Informatica or other ETL tools
· Experience in the Finance industry
· A sense of humor would be great in this fast-paced, high-pressure industry
· Competitive salary and benefits, 25-30% annual bonus
· Flexible and predictable work schedule
· A beautiful, serene office in downtown NY with the best view of the Harbor and the Statue of Liberty
*Our client is unable to provide or transfer employment sponsorship at this time for this role. We will also not be able to accommodate C2C candidates as this is a full-time role.