We are Astro HQ and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
- Astropad – Software that turns the iPad into a high-end drawing tablet.
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad into a wireless second display.
We are looking for an iOS/macOS Software Engineer to join our team. You would develop new features and fix issues for both Astropad and Luna Display. We are looking for someone that is curious, always learning, and wants to make a big impact as part of a small team.
- Develop new features for Astropad and Luna Display
- Prototype and develop new user interfaces
- Work on cross-platform infrastructure in C & C++
- Learn & work with new languages like Rust to further improve our cross-platform code base
- Develop test suites and internal tools
- Collaborate on a daily basis with our engineering team via Slack, Zoom, and GitHub
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with iOS or macOS development
- Experience with Objective-C (5+ years) and C++ (nice to have!)
- Familiarity with Rust is a plus, (or willing to learn Rust)
- Has experience shipping products
- Self-starter with a special eye for product design & development
About Astro HQ
We are a small, bootstrapped startup founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started! We are looking for people who care about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
We are a fully remote company with a small office in Minneapolis, MN. If this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch!
- Remote work (or our office in Minneapolis, MN)
- Flexible work schedules and good work/life balance
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- $300/mo towards a co-working space
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility