Salary offered (gross):
From 2.500,- € – based on experience
- Is responsible for all operational and advanced purchasing activities within the given sub-commodity while ensuring compliance with overall client- and Purchasing objectives, strategies, and procedures.
- Is responsible for the management of all suppliers within the sub-commodity group
- Help achieving all commercial and timing objectives of client within a nominated sub-commodity group.
- Provide best service to the business through sound knowledge of his/her commodity combined with strong understanding of local and global market conditions
- Pre-source all parts in the commodity group within the agreed quality, timing and cost targets, in accordance with clients rules & procedures
- Management of suppliers within the nominated sub-commodity, including but not limited to change management, RFQ’s, contract negotiations, payment term agreements queries, dispute resolutions, frame contracts, supply agreements, Support installation of quality agreements and other contractual agreements.
- Generate best-in-class suppliers support
- Establish and follow purchasing commodity strategies in line with overall company strategies
- Achieve and report MPV targets and actions within the sub-commodity by cooperating with suppliers and client plant purchasing, following the forecasted actions in the client purchasing cost trackers
- Perform purchasing cost- and price analysis and drive VA/VE activities at suppliers
- Support of objective Make vs. Buy decisions
- Help plant purchasing to ensure the accuracy of system prices records
- Support efforts to rationalize the supply base and to reduce the total number of approved suppliers down to 300 suppliers in total for Europe
- Reinforce all Install & drive LCC activities within his/her sub-commodity with total cost of owner ship view.
- Provide local expertise and knowledge into the commodity strategy
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable)
- Educated to a commercial or technical degree or comparable education
- Proven appropriate job experience within Purchase
- Minimum 3 years in Automotive (ideally) Purchasing of production materials
- Commodity purchasing experience is a distinct advantage for this position
- Sound knowledge of purchasing practices and techniques
- Competence in business tools: PC (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP
- Fluent English and ideally other European language skills