Summary of Opportunity
We are seeking an Executive Director ofS Sales to lead business development, strategic partner, and sales initiatives. The primary focus of this role will be to drive business by engaging large to midsize educational systems, certification agencies, and government providers. This may also include forming and managing strategic vendor relationships that allow for additional revenue streams to be established.
This role will be positioned in a matrix model relative to the traditional sales organization. Proven experience in education or assessment sales in addition to leading and working within a matrix type model is required. The primary responsibility of this role is to drive revenue by:
- responding to inbound leads,
- generating leads through professional networking, existing contacts, and cold-calling techniques,
- prospecting and building new business within pre-identified framework,
- understanding evolving partner needs and effectively articulating our value proposition,
- leading virtual and in-person meetings with a consultative sales approach,
- executing Assessment Systems customized sales methodology and techniques with a value-based approach,
- and leveraging existing sales organization in partnership with current sales leadership.
Conducting effective, efficient, and professional telephone, email, webinar and social media communications to achieve performance metrics is essential and required. This position may require up to 25% travel.
Assessment Systems is a fast-paced, growing organization making tests smarter, faster, and fairer. Our core values drive everything we do; we measure, we adapt, we drive change, and we collaborate because one of us is not as smart as all of us. We are nonconformists hellbent on doing the right thing and creating a better world through accurate measurement.
Who You Are
You are a smart, driven, humble, personable non-conformist. You have a ton of energy and are eager to have a huge impact in the world by playing a key role in a company and product that helps others reach their highest potential. You are entrepreneurial by nature. You want to be part of a high-performing team who are out to make history and have a blast doing it. You’re passionate about not only being extraordinary in your work life, but creating an extraordinary personal life as well.
- Experience selling into school districts and/or with certification programs.
- Proven track record of new business acquisition through various sales techniques.
- Current proficiency presenting to small and large group audiences either in-person, via conference call, and/or in web enabled environments using PowerPoint and other technologies. (Proficiency is defined as being a clear, concise, error-free yet persuasive, spoken and written communicator.)
- Ability to respond to RFP’s in a timely manner.
- Ability to ask the best question to identify client needs and provide current product solutions by communicating the value of Assessment Systems products over the competition.
- Able to obtain agreement from multiple decision makers throughout all stages of the sales cycle and asking for commitment to confirm a sale.
- Ability to coordinate multiple location implementation of learning solutions by working with district and campus level contacts to standardize processes and procedures.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and communicate with team members to ensure strong, positive, and profitable client relations by way of continual support throughout and beyond the sales process
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills and pursuit of knowledge.
- Ability to be self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to make cold calls and drive new business as needed.
- Basic knowledge using CRM and social media as well as proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in a Business-related field, Education, or Psychology.
- Five or more years of experience in Sales and Account Management, preferably with software-as-a-service (SAAS) products, and ideally within the Education or Credentialing spaces.
- Strong consultative approach in selling, planning, analytical and project management skills
- Technology proficient
- Data Driven
- Possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of e-Learning and Assessment technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Preferred or Desired Qualifications
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to work independently
- Strong initiative, high energy, hands-on and impeccable integrity
- Desire to learn and update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Assessment Systems offers competitive compensation and benefits. As an employee, you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a thriving industry while working in a fun, professional, and positive environment. You will have excellent opportunities to excel and to be rewarded for that effort. To join our successful team, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and any salary expectations.
Assessment Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assessment Systems is an E-Verify participating employer.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.