Aspen Hospice Care, a leading provider of Hospice in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, is looking for Part-Time Registered Nurses (RN) to add to the team.
This salaried position would guarantee the right candidate 7-8 patients per week!
Join our group of compassionate, skilled, and dependable staff!
Winner of Best in Denton County 2017 and 2018!
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Great work/life balance!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the impact of the terminal disease on the patients physical, functional, psychosocial, environmental needs, and ADLs, i.e., risk for grief, cultural/spiritual, verbal/non-verbal.
- Consult with and educate the patient/family regarding disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Inform physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's needs and outcomes of intervention, while evaluating patient/family response to care.
- Determine scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family needs.
- Applying specific criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the patient's eligibility.
- Provide training to other staff as needed.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients
- Communicate effectively to patient and family
- Work closely with DON and IDT members for proper follow up care
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience in Hospice Home care required
- Excellent communication/documentation skills
- Kinnser experience is a plus