Asimov’s mission is to radically advance humankind’s ability to design living systems. We are building a cell programming platform that integrates synthetic biology, computer-aided design, and machine learning. We strive to enable biotechnologies with outsized impact, with a current focus on gene therapies, cell therapies, and protein therapeutics.
Position: We are seeking a full-time High-Throughput Cloning Manager to lead the DNA Construction team. You will manage a team of Research Associates to carry out high-throughput plasmid cloning and develop innovative methods that accelerate the process of genetic engineering. This role reports directly to the CEO and is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup to help build the future of biological engineering.
As a High-Throughput Cloning Manager, you will:
- Manage a team of Research Associates to perform high-throughput molecular cloning and deliver plasmids for the Synthetic Biology team
- Create and manage an operating budget for the DNA Construction team
- Research and develop novel molecular biology and laboratory methods to increase the scale and speed of genetic engineering
- Work closely with the Automation Team and Software Team to develop software and hardware that facilitates high-throughput genetic engineering
- Analyze and distill insight from experimental data and sequencing results
- Communicate weekly cloning metrics, new process improvements, and experimental results to other scientists
- Work effectively as part of a multifunctional team in support of an integrated synthetic biology platform
- Ph.D. in Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience managing a molecular cloning team in industry or an academic foundry setting
- Deep knowledge in molecular biology and modern DNA assembly strategies (e.g., Golden Gate, Gibson, HiFi)
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets and meeting project deadlines
- Experience in automation protocol development
- Quantitative data analysis expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About us: We are fueled by a vision to transition synthetic biology to a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of biological engineering. Culture is key to Asimov; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by a diverse team bringing a mixture of perspectives to create a future powered by synthetic biology.