We are looking for an experienced technical lead with deep knowledge of machine learning theory and software systems to join our foundational software team. At Asimov, machine learning is core to our product; we engineer living cells by designing and inserting genetic circuits into living organisms. The design of these circuits draws on principles from automated circuit design and numerical optimization.
We care deeply about every engineer’s autonomy, emphasizing quality of engineering and of our ML algorithms over arbitrary deadlines. We have built a cross-functional organization and believe strongly in cross pollination: taking time to learn from our peers.
As our ML technical lead you will have the opportunity to:
- Use cutting edge deep learning and GA methods to improve our circuit optimization platform (see github.com/CIDARLAB/cello)
- Explore the use of sequence to sequence models to model DNA/RNA/Protein language translation
- Design the software systems for offline training and testing of our models as well as helping integrate into “online” evaluation in live organisms
- Partner closely with our synthetic biology team to deploy genetic circuits in live organisms, and develop methods to improve the efficiency of our biolab
- Embrace ambiguity and drive for impact
- Help define the company product, direction and culture
You are a highly skilled technical lead in machine learning with years of experience in industry or research. You are passionate about joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego. If you have a background in bioinformatics, genetics and cellular biology, great! If not, you have strong experience with language modeling, numerical optimization and software engineering with a passion to learn the science.