Asimov’s mission is to radically advance humankind’s ability to design living systems. We are building a cell programming platform that integrates synthetic biology, computer-aided design, and machine learning. We strive to enable biotechnologies with outsized impact, with a current focus on gene therapies, cell therapies, and protein therapeutics.
Position: We are seeking a full-time Mammalian Synthetic Biologist to program mammalian cell lines with state-of-the-art genetic engineering, quantitative cell measurement, and -omics analysis techniques. The ideal candidate is obsessed with the question of how to best engineer complex biological systems. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the foundation for engineering biology.
As part of the Synthetic Biology Team, you will:
- Design, build, and test innovative genetic platforms and programs in mammalian cells
- Create experimental workflows and collect quantitative measurements for engineered cells including flow cytometry and RNA-seq
- Analyze and distill insight from complex molecular data streams
- Collaborate frequently with the Software Team to incorporate biological design principles and experimental data into the software pipeline
- Communicate methods and results with other scientists, industry executives, and academic researchers
- Organize and document experiments, genetic designs, and data
- Work effectively as part of a multifunctional team in support of a synthetic biology design platform
- Ph.D. in Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience doing research in an academic or industry lab setting
- Skilled in molecular biology and cell culture techniques
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Quantitative data analysis expertise
- Experience in flow cytometry, -omics, and analytical techniques a plus
- Experience with bioproduction and GMP regulation a plus
- Experience with viral vectors and gene editing techniques a plus
About us: We are fueled by a vision to transition synthetic biology to a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of biological engineering. Culture is key to Asimov - we believe that our mission can only be achieved by a diverse team bringing a mixture of perspectives to create a future powered by synthetic biology.