One of the largest independent distributors of electronic components has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive Accounting Manger for our Tamarac, Florida location. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an established and expanding firm.
- 5+ Years of Experience, Quickbooks experience and SPANISH is a plus
The Accounting Manager is the primary point of contact for the organization’s accounting and finance needs. This position will be located in Tamarac, Florida office and is responsible for planning and implementing a fiscal strategy that aligns with company goals and objectives. Direct areas of responsibility include accounting and financial oversight, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory compliance, working closely with the company’s outside auditors as well as internal operational teams to develop, implement, and maintaining effective business and accounting controls. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Accounting/Finance team and provides guidance, mentor ship and management support to department staff personnel.
Responsible for taking the lead in budget development, tax/audit functions and ensuring that weekly and monthly reporting is maintained accurately and appropriately distributed. Expected to display strong and sound business acumen while possessing the ability to communicate effectively, discuss financial related matters with diverse groups, prepare oral and written reports and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Actively promotes ASC's mission statement and contributes towards maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Perform month-end close activities including processing journal entries and accruals, completing reconciliations, booking fixed and prepaid assets, etc.
- Responsible for compliance and regulatory issues as it relates to the financial activities of the company.
- Effectively motivate people in order to maximize performance and job satisfaction.
- Coordinates and prepares financial statements and special analysis/information reports.
- Establish direction and process implementation of new practices and procedures and the efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Ownership and supervision of the general accounting, AP and AR functions.
- Develop annual budget for and make recommendations to Managing Directors as needed
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Team Work
Minimum Position Requirements
- BS/BA in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5+ years professional accounting experience; distribution/manufacturing industry sector preferred.
- Working experience required using QUICKBOOKS
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to maintain a regular work schedule.
- Must possess leadership qualities and management skills.
- Proven conflict prevention/resolution skills and techniques.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The accounting manager manages all employees of the accounting department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
Medical, dental, paid holidays, vacation and sick days.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: