Artificial was hatched from the minds of two Playground.Global
founders with the aspiration to meld the best of both robotics and the core technologies at the heart of the Internet. We believe this combination of hardware and software will accelerate productivity in life sciences because of the critical need for rapid innovation, flexible automation, dynamic scheduling, and a clear opportunity for more robots and artificial intelligence.
Our team values the positive purpose of our work and are motivated by our love of technology and the impact we see as possible within the intersection of robotics and life science. We measure our success through the day-to-day journey of consistent high-quality execution and progress towards our vision to deliver products that delight our customers and help improve the world.
Our founders bring decades of experience in creating powerful teams, platforms, and products for technology in general and cyber-physical systems and robots in particular. They have served in senior leadership or founding roles at KUKA Robotics, Microsoft, and Udacity.
In addition to the opportunity to work on a wide variety of worthy technical and business challenges, we offer competitive compensation, stock options, a generous health plan, a 401k plan, flexible vacation, dog-friendly offices, and robots working to improve all of our lives. Our teams are located in Palo Alto and Austin. The Palo Alto site is a short walk from Caltrain, has an excellent on-site kitchen and lots of roaming robots. The Austin team is small, but growing and the site selection is in progress.
About the role
Artificial is looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, and talented UX/UI designer to work closely with our product drivers and UI implementers. This person will bridge the gap for our customers to create an approachable, simple as it can be, and stylish experience that closes the loop between biologists and robotic automation systems.
- You have an eye for stylish design that appeals to people broadly
- You love working closely with customers, product management and R&D to conceptualize detailed UI solutions to complex customer domains
- You are extremely comfortable translating market requirements to visual comps to tell the story of how the UI delights your customers and addresses their needs
- 5+ years of experience designing products from concept to customers on web
- Delivered high fidelity mockups and prototypes in tools like Sketch, Framer, Principle, Figma, Invision, Adobe Illustrator etc.
- Experience working as a UI or UX designer where you have worked closely with customers, product management, and R&D
- Ability to do some user and product research to help inform UX requirements for more scoped product efforts