Artificial was born and hatched from the minds of two Playground founders. The team sits in Palo Alto a short walk from Caltrain with an on-site kitchen and roaming robots. A second office is on it's way in Austin, TX. Our founders bring decades of experience in technical product development and robotics infrastructure, with previous senior leadership and founding roles at Kuka AG, Microsoft, and Udacity.
Our team values the real-world impact of their work. Success is defined by high-quality execution: we expect everyone to work smart and at a sustainable pace, support their team, raise concerns early, keep us focused on what is most valuable, and be ready to roll with the punches that come with a startup.
In addition to working with a wide variety of technical and business challenges, we offer competitive compensation, stock options, full health benefits, a 401k plan, flexible vacation, a dog-friendly office, and lots of robots.
About the role
Artificial is looking for a software engineer to join our backend and infrastructure team. You will help design and build our embedded webserver systems as well as our platform website infrastructure.
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining custom web applications, APIs, and data pipelines
- Excited about the challenges of working with physical devices in the real world
- Comfort defining goals and roadmaps for execution in an ambiguous environment
- Very comfortable developing in a Linux environment
- An opinion on the benefits and costs of bare-metal, virtual, containerized, and serverless applications
- Solid working knowledge of Python and/or C++ is ideal
- Experience with low-level web frameworks, proxies, and networking fundamentals
- Built multiple production environments and handled authentication, user management, and security best practices
- Deployed and managed infrastructure in AWS, GCP, and/or Azure, using tools like Terraform, Docker, K8s, Helm, Cloudformation, and Ansible
- A degree or study in software engineering or computer science is preferred, but equivalent experience is welcome
Artificial is an Equal Opportunity Employer