Artificial was born and hatched from the minds of two Playground founders. The team sits in Palo Alto a short walk from Caltrain with an on-site kitchen and roaming robots. A second office is on it's way in Austin, TX. Our founders bring decades of experience in technical product development and robotics infrastructure, with previous senior leadership and founding roles at Kuka AG, Microsoft, and Udacity.
Our team values the real-world impact of their work. Success is defined by high-quality execution: we expect everyone to work smart and at a sustainable pace, support their team, raise concerns early, keep us focused on what is most valuable, and be ready to roll with the punches that come with a startup.
In addition to working with a wide variety of technical and business challenges, we offer competitive compensation, stock options, full health benefits, a 401k plan, flexible vacation, a dog-friendly office, and lots of robots.
About the role
- Excited about the challenges of working with physical devices in the real world
- Comfort defining goals and roadmaps for execution in an ambiguous environment
- Very comfortable developing in a Linux environment
- Set up tooling for frontend deployments: Webpack, yarn, babel, gulp, etc...
- Significant experience with JS frameworks: React, Vue, Angular, etc...
- Design of offline or hybrid single page applications is a plus
- Experience with any of WebRTC, websockets, webgl, and high-performance data handling in JS
- Mastery of ES6+ and an opinion on when to use TypeScript (or equiv.)
- A degree or study in software engineering or computer science is preferred, but equivalent experience is welcome
Artificial is an Equal Opportunity Employer