Arterys is seeking a skilled Technical Support Field Engineer with at least 4-5 years of support experience to join our European Operations team. The successful candidate will have significant technical expertise and assistance and has a keen interest in support and operations. They must be highly motivated and capable of handling a variety of tasks on their own, system debugging and enhancement, process documentation, automation, distributed system troubleshooting, along with resolving customers issues on on-premise deployed systems. This role reports to the Technical Operations Manager and works out remotely , sometimes in our Paris office and sometimes onsite at customer facilities.
Based in San Francisco, CA we are a venture-backed startup developing bleeding edge solutions in the space where artificial intelligence meets Medical Imaging and Healthcare. As the first mover in this space, Arterys has a unique opportunity to establish a strong foothold in the market with our high performance intelligent diagnostic decision support solution. Ideally, you work in healthcare and have a background in Technical Support in the healthcare market, have an adaptable startup mindset and enjoy the fast-paced “up-for-anything” type of environment that is our every day at Arterys.
- Provide level 1 and 2 technical support (using chat, email, phone, remote and walk-up support services) to Arterys customers.
- Escalate and follow up on tickets requiring resolution by other members or groups, and serve as owner of these tickets through to resolution.
- Resolve tickets as quickly as possible while ensuring delivery of required services and the highest level of customer service.
- Deploy onsite and remotely Arterys PHI Service for customers , working closely with customers IT services
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot all Arterys managed PHI servers.
- Diagnosing network and system issues consistent with complex distributed systems
- Participate in project planning and execution, identifying and gathering requirements, assessing risks and technical implementation issues.
- Reporting project and task progress effectively, including estimating time deliver on both simple and complex issue resolution
- Working remotely from a shell and managing remote deployment from a command line
- Working with diverse groups of people, including customers and healthcare professionals, Software Developers and other internal and external staff
- Documenting work and findings, effectively disseminating information clearly and consistently according to protocols and work instructions
- Required to move about in an customer site for periods of time (1-2 days)
Non-Technical Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Effective time management
- Independent reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English; bonus for additional fluencies
- Experience working in Medical Device, Healthcare, or other highly regulated industries
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Available to be on call after working hours
Technical Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Linux (CentOs,RedHat , Ubuntu)
- Strong experience in Linux administration : hardening, system update (yum,apt-get...)
- Strong experience with Networking & Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, TLS, SSH)
- Preferred experience with Docker
- Experience in JIRA Helpdesk or other support management system (Zendesk,...)
- Experience in Virtualized environnement experience : VMware or others...
Arterys is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you are qualified and interested in the above position, please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com with DevOps Engineer in the subject line.