We’re looking for experienced strategy consultants to serve as Engagement Managers on our team. (This role is roughly equivalent to a Junior Engagement Manager at McKinsey, a Project Leader at BCG, or a Case Team Leader at Bain, though we’re willing to structure the role to meet the experience level of the right person.) Our ideal candidate has successfully led client engagement work at a top consulting firm (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain) and is looking to continue that work in the flexible consulting model that Artemis Connection provides. She/He is a strategic thinker, structured communicator, and excellent project manager who can navigate between managing client teams and more junior Artemis Connection staff members. (As such, we’re also open to candidates with in-house strategy/operations experience, if that experience has built this consulting “toolkit” of skills). Finally, since Artemis Connection focuses on innovative talent solutions (using data and design thinking) to make employees happier and more productive, our ideal candidate is passionate about these topics, too. Please note that we’re flexible on whether this role is a full-time, part-time, or temporary/contract position, and we’ll work with candidates to match the job to their needs/preferences.
The role of Engagement Managers is to manage the entire life cycle of a consulting engagement, including managing case team work and managing client relationships.
Managing case team work
- Identify the client’s most pressing strategic issues, develop hypotheses to prove during client engagement, and communicate (then re-communicate) these issues/hypotheses to both clients and case team members as the case evolves
- Create a work plan to diagnose and resolve the client’s strategic issues, including data-driven analyses, client engagements, and delivery of recommendations
- Manage the day-to-day work of more junior members of the team (e.g., structuring their analyses, reviewing their deliverables, providing on-the-job coaching)
- Ensure all client deliverables are executed in a high-quality and timely way
Managing client relationships
- Build trustworthy, transparent, and collaborative relationships with senior executives and other key contacts at client organizations
- Facilitate client engagement in case team work (e.g., identifying key issues to resolve or hypotheses to test, aligning on key deliverables in work plan, making decisions at key points during case, and transitioning end-of-case recommendations or implementation plan)
- Identify opportunities for additional client work, either through follow-on work with existing clients or through potential engagements with new clients