Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part in our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance and paid time off!
Arkatechture is looking for a senior data scientist for our data science team to help our clients discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver even better products or services. The primary focus will be individually applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. Jointly with the Director of Data Science, the senior data scientist will also mentor a team of practicing & aspiring data scientist that proactively fetch information from various sources and analyze it for better understanding about how the business performs, and build BI tools that automate certain processes.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentation of results in a clear manner
- Data wrangling and predictive modeling
- Assessing data sets and suggesting process automations
- Performing statistical analysis
- Mentoring other data scientists
- Willing to travel to client sites in the New England Area up to 75% of the time at peak time, normally 25%
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Advanced Degree or Certificate in relevant field preferred
- 5+ year of experience in a similar individual contributor role
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Mastery of SQL or 2 or more SQL dialects, including SnowSQL
- Understanding of Data Management (Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and ETL)
- Exposure to Metadata and Master Data Management
- Mastery of at least 2 statistical programming languages such as R, Python, or SAS
- Proficient with AWS Sagemaker
- Proficient with Tableau and one other data visualization tool (PowerBI, Qlik, ggplot, etc.)
- Comfort in communicating with clients in diverse industries
- Comfort in delivering performance feedback
- High technical proficiency
- Able to independently execute on business requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, business, and statistics
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Driven to make value out of data
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau