Director of Business Intelligence
Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part in our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance and paid time off!
Arkatechture is looking for a Director of Business Intelligence. Reporting to the CIO, the Director of Business Intelligence will set the overall strategy and direction for data visualization technology at Arkatechture, serving as a data visualization and BI subject matter expert, updating leadership on key technological advancements with relevance to its work. The Director of Business Intelligence will lead short and long-term planning with regards to the data visualization practice, oversee the execution of strategic Business Intelligence (BI) projects, manage the BI team, build cross-department relationships, and communicate BI strategy and activity across Arkatechture.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished and resourceful leader with the administrative, technical, communication, and organizational skills necessary to ensure that Arkatechture’s business intelligence platforms facilitate its strategic objectives. At least five years of relevant, progressively responsible professional experience is required, as is a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Lead and expand Arkatechture's data visualization and BI practice, and/or use of data analytics
- Lead and manage team of data visualization analysts
- Consult with clients on how to get the most out of their data, from data structure through data visualization
- Advise companies across a wide range of verticals on what their key drivers are and how to most effectively grow their business
- Design and develop data visualizations on BI projects
- Review data visualizations of team members and set best practices
- Handle BI vendor partnerships and expand partner network and engagements
- Deliver robust data tools to empower everyone at an organization to answer business questions
- Design and lead trainings for Business Intelligence Champions Series for Arkatechture clients
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Able to travel to client sites up to 75% of the time
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- 5-8 years experience in consulting services in technology or data-related field
- At least 5 years of experience with a data visualization tool, such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Kibana
- At least 5 years of experience with relational databases (SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc)
- Strong business and financial acumen and experience managing budgets
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent time and project management skills; a record of completing tasks on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, business, and statistics
- Experience building collaborative, trusting relationships and comfort working with colleagues across a range of locations and levels of technological expertise
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive attitude
- Experience managing contracts as well as relationships with vendors and consultants
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with your Indeed application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME location, please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered for the position.