Why Work Here?
At Arkatechture, we have a simple shared mission: to build a sustainable organization built upon three pillars: Do something meaningful, With a great team, Earning what you deserve.
We all have a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid medical, disability, life insurance, with optional dental/vision
- Generous paid time off and eight paid holidays
- 401k & matching
- Training opportunities and certificate reimbursement
- Quarterly reviews & bonus cycles
All employees share our core values: put the team first, practice humility, take pride in everything we do, stay curious, care for our community & environment, take work seriously; ourselves not so much.
Arkatechture is looking for a passionate, hard working person to be our next great Data Visualization Analyst. This person will help drive our clients’ business decisions by creating dynamic and powerful data visualizations. The employee will work directly with customers who range from small independent companies to large financial institutions.
- Design and create interactive visualizations that can be used by non-technical users up to the executive level
- Break the Excel mentality and build trust through intuitive and accurate reporting
- Work both individually and on teams to deliver across multiple clients
- Document business requirements and translate into technical specifications
- Understand business process and activate on opportunities for improvement
- Extract and prepare data for analysis across multiple platforms (Database Connections, Excel, Flat Files, etc)
- Contribute to our research and development efforts
- Communicate results clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 2-5 years experience in business intelligence
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years using at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, PowerBI or Qlik)
- Driven self-starter with a positive attitude
- SQL knowledge and an understanding of data models
- Knowledge of PowerBI, Qlik or other visualization software a plus
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to juggle competing priorities
- Passion to make value out of data & learn
- Agile work style
- Based locally out of Portland, Maine
- Able to travel to client sites in the New England Area