Why Work Here?
At Arkatechture, we have a simple shared mission: to build a sustainable organization built upon these three pillars:
- Do something meaningful,
- With a great team,
- Earning what you deserve
We started in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. As New England’s Data Resource, we are a small company constantly evolving to keep up with changing landscapes in the data world.
We are proud of the community and culture that we’ve created at Arkatechture, and we have no intention of slowing down. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid medical, disability, life insurance, with optional dental/vision
- Generous paid time off and eight paid holidays
- 401k & matching
- Training opportunities and certificate reimbursement
- Quarterly reviews & bonus cycles
All employees share our core values: put the team first, practice humility, take pride in everything we do, stay curious, care for our community & environment, take work seriously; ourselves not so much.
Arkatechture is seeking candidates for a Junior Data Engineer position to support various Data initiatives for our clients, particularly in the Data Warehousing and BI world. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about data and excited to work on new and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who understands and has implemented full end-to-end Data Warehousing solutions including data architecture, data provisioning, data integration, data publishing, and can execute effectively as part of a team. Must have hands-on experience working on BI and Data warehousing Projects. Should be able to work effectively with the Business and Technology teams while collaborating with Project/Program Managers.
- Source-to-target mapping including detailed business and transformation rules
- Data modeling, data profiling, data quality analysis/remediation, database table, index, and view creation
- Designing, developing, testing and review of code [ELT or ETL, views, stored procs, etc.]
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Requirements elicitation
- Estimation and working with Project Manager on task allocation
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major or comparable work experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar individual contributor role would be nice to have
- Implemented some Data Management projects for Data Lakes/Data Warehousing is a nice to have
- Hands-on experience using ETL tools like Talend, Alteryx, Alooma, Matilion, Informatica, Datastage, etc is a nice to have
- Experience working on any one Database such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience working with APIs, specifically REST APIs, SDKs and CLI tools as part of ETL provisioning
- Experience working with multi-format files likes JSON, XML, CSV, Flat, etc.
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP (Certified Practitioner at any level is a nice to have)
- Familiarity with Agile software development life cycle and methodology using tool-sets such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- This position is based out of our Portland, ME office (this is not a telecommuting or hardware IT position).
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with you Indeed application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME area please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time