Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part of our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance, and paid time off!
Arkatechture is seeking candidates for a AWS Cloud Developer position to support various initiatives particularly in the Data Warehousing and BI world. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about data and excited to work on new and emerging technologies. Responsible for planning, designing and maintaining software. Analyze, develop, test and assist in the integration of new applications or sources. Looking for someone who can understand the full end to end scope and execute with a team. May lead teams or projects. Must have experience working on BI and Data warehousing Projects. Should be able to work efficiently with the Business and Technology teams collaborating with Project/Implementation Managers.
- Developing, Testing and Review of Code
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of systems
- Automate tools for deployment and to monitor system health and reliability to support business processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production environments.
- Key contributor on the Production Support team
- Administration of technical systems like VPN servers, AWS, Snowflake, Matillion or Armor
- Create best practices that can be followed by the product teams
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Requirements Elicitation
- Estimation and working with Project manager on task allocation
- Working with Architects to brainstorm best in class architectural solutions
- Participate on a cross-functional team, collaborate with team members and adopt the scrum agile methodology of development
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Able to travel to client sites up to 75% of the time
- 5+ years of experience in a similar individual contributor role. 1-3+ years of experience in a team lead role is nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or comparable work experience is acceptable for this position
- Experience with AWS is a must. Openstack or other cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with Docker, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes, microservices, message queues and related technologies is a must
- A strong Linux or Unix background is a must
- Experience with some form of CI/CD such as Jenkins is required
- Experience working on any one Database such as Snowflake, SQLServer, Oracle, Aurora, PostgreSQL is a must
- Experience working with APIs, specifically REST APIs, SDKs and CLI tools is a must
- Experience working with multi-format files like JSON, XML, CSV, Flat, etc
- Experience with AWS networking, VPN and Active directory is a nice to have
- Experience with AWS Cloud security principles is a nice to have
- Knowledge of Git, Jira, Confluence, Slack in an agile environment is a nice to have
- Implemented several software application or Data projects
- Exposure to NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB is a nice to have
- This position is based out of our Portland, ME office (this is not a telecommuting position).
- AWS Developer Associate certified or AWS Solution Architect certified or AWS SysOps Administrator is a must
- AWS professional or specialty certified is a nice to have
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with your application. If you do not currently live in Portland, ME area please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered for the position.