Why Work Here?
At Arkatechture, we have a simple shared mission: to build a sustainable organization built upon these three pillars:
- Do something meaningful,
- With a great team,
- Earning what you deserve
We started in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. As New England’s Data Resource, we are a small company constantly evolving to keep up with changing landscapes in the data world.
We are proud of the community and culture that we’ve created at Arkatechture, and we have no intention of slowing down. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid medical, disability, life insurance, with optional dental/vision
- Generous paid time off and eight paid holidays
- 401k & matching
- Training opportunities and certificate reimbursement
- Quarterly reviews & bonus cycles
All employees share our core values: put the team first, practice humility, take pride in everything we do, stay curious, care for our community & environment, take work seriously; ourselves not so much.
As a solution architect at Arkatechture, you will be responsible for designing complex data provisioning, data integration, and data consumption architectures, as well as driving the technology roadmap for our customers, and Arkatechture. These solutions must be optimized for on premises, as well as cloud native, deployments. A successful solution architect at Arkatechture will be a fast paced driver, who enjoys learning and implementing modern data technologies. They will be an independent decision maker, but enjoy contributing to and working on projects with small teams.
- Design, develop, and deliver projects ranging from proofs of concept for new initiatives and edge technologies to large client deliverables
- Keep up with current and emerging technologies, and drive delivery of technology roadmap related items by various teams
- Create detailed documentation with target architectures and relevant standards recommending changes to the latter where appropriate.
- Ability to articulate the pros and cons of different technical approaches
- Elicit and elaborate key non-functional requirements, including availability, performance, recovery, and security
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with platform technology partners customers
- Align all technology and business partners on established processes and formal agreements with the business
- Must posses strong communication and organizational skills to ensure alignment between technical product owners and line of business leads
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Advanced degree or certification in relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience with Relational Databases (SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc) & NoSQL Databases (Elastic stack, Hadoop, Redis, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience with ETL tools such as Matillion, Talend, Informatica, Alooma, etc
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- At least 3 years of experience with consumption tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Kibana, etc.
- Eagerness to learn
- Driven to make value out of data
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, business, and statistics
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience training or teaching others
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Financial Services, Retail, TelCo, Online Media
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with you application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME area please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered for the position.