Why Work Here?
At Arkatechture, we have a simple shared mission: to build a sustainable organization built upon these three pillars:
- Do something meaningful,
- With a great team,
- Earning what you deserve
We started in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. As New England’s Data Resource, we are a small company constantly evolving to keep up with changing landscapes in the data world.
We are proud of the community and culture that we’ve created at Arkatechture, and we have no intention of slowing down. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid medical, disability, life insurance, with optional dental/vision
- Generous paid time off and eight paid holidays
- 401k & matching
- Training opportunities and certificate reimbursement
- Quarterly reviews & bonus cycles
All employees share our core values: put the team first, practice humility, take pride in everything we do, stay curious, care for our community & environment, take work seriously; ourselves not so much.
As an ETL developer at Arkatechture, you will be responsible for implementing complex data provisioning and data integration architectures. A successful ETL developer will independently analyze complex requirements and design and create extract and load processes into a central data repository. They will test designs to ensure accurate and efficient data loads. They will assist in the design of data warehouse structures and SQL view development. A successful ETL developer at Arkatechture will be a fast paced driver, who enjoys learning and implementing modern data technologies. They will be an independent decision maker, but enjoy contributing to and working on projects with development and deployment teams.
- Build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics & business intelligence functions
- Assist with data modeling and data pipeline architecture
- Write and troubleshoot SQL code and stored procedures, functions, tables and views
- Ensure data quality and consistency
- Work closely with the small teams to design, build & test end-to-end solutions
- Use problem-solving skills to assist and resolve business problems
- Develop analytical skills to resolve technical problems
- Identify root causes for problems and propose solutions to prevent recurring
- Understand and communicate requirements to and from both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Demonstrated experience in data integration and data services
- Demonstrated ability to prepare complex data models
- At least 3 years of experience with Relational Databases (SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc) & NoSQL Databases (Elastic stack, Hadoop, Redis, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience with ETL tools such as Matillion, Talend, Informatica, Alooma, etc
- At least 1 years of experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Exposure to consumption tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Kibana, etc.
- Familiarity with complex logical data design and data mappings
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Advanced degree or certification in relevant field
- Eagerness to learn
- Driven to make value out of data
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive attitude
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, business, and statistics
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Financial Services, Retail, TelCo, Online Media
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with you application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME area please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered for the position.