Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part in our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance and paid time off!
Arkatechture is seeking candidates for Data Analyst positions to support BI and Data warehousing initiatives.
As a Data Analyst, you are required to perform data analysis and mining, data profiling and data mapping. Data Analysis requires proficiency in interpreting data, trends, patterns in complex data sets, technical expertise with data models, databases and reporting packages like Tableau or Business Objects. Ability to interpret and use artifacts like business requirement documents, system requirements documents, requirement traceability matrix, workflows, data mapping, etc. Should be able to work efficiently with the business and the technology teams collaborating with the project/program managers.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data analysis systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Willing to travel to client sites in the New England Area 75% at peak time, normally 25%
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Typically 2 - 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Mastery of either T-SQL or SnowSQL dialects
- Understanding of Data Management (Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and ETL)
- Exposure to Metadata and Master Data Management AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Eagerness to learn
- Driven to make value out of data
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, business, and statistics
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work accurately and quickly
- Demonstrated interest in continued education and exploration of career path
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- This position is based out of Portland, ME
- Advanced degree or certification in relevant field
- Tableau Data Prep
- Alteryx Designer Core Certified
- Exposure to data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, ggplot, etc.)
- Exposure to a statistical programming languages such as R, Python, or SAS