Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part in our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance, and paid time off!
Arkatechture is seeking a Business Analyst/Technical Scrummaster to work alongside members of the client delivery team. This role will work with end users, architects, developers, and business stakeholders to plan and complete projects with agile, incremental deliveries which align with overall project timelines.
The individual will be primarily leading scrum initiatives and will work with product owners, technical teams, and the client management team to support delivery and build high performing, agile teams. A successful applicant will be a critical thinker and problem solver, and will possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise working with business stakeholders and product owners to gather and document requirements into functional and non-functional specifications
- Work directly with product owners and elicit customer requirements using techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Work with product owners and subject matter experts to understand system needs and translate to product backlogs
- Define stories with acceptance criteria in collaboration with product owners and technical team
- Ensure business requirements are well understood and work closely with development team to successfully meet business goals
- Facilitate agile practices such as daily sprint stand-ups, grooming, planning, review, and retrospectives and ensure that these sprint ceremonies progress effectively
- Work cooperatively on integrated teams to quickly and successfully address any associated risks and issues
- Take ownership, be creative with problem solving and proactively remove roadblocks and guide team towards successful completion of sprint cycles
- Issue and risk identification, escalation and mitigation (or acceptance) at the right time to the stakeholders
- 3-5+ years of experience in software development/Data warehouse projects
- 1-5+ years of experience on Agile practices: Scrum process, Kanban, etc.
- Certified Scrum master preferred
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Google Docs is a must
- Experience with Mavenlink preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work and conflicting priorities
- Drive detailed estimates, work breakdown, and plans through project management systems and processes
- Demonstrated achievement in a matrixed operating structure within a small company
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field