Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part in our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance, and paid time off!
Arkatechture is looking for a Software Administrator to join our Business Intelligence group and expanding the Managed Services team. The core focus of this team will be to aid and assist the business intelligence initiatives of our clients. This role will support efforts to simplify and enhance customer experience with analytics. The Software Administrator will be performing all system administration tasks related to Tableau and AWS. The ideal candidate must have the passion to build, optimize and maintain systems to support analytics that drive improved business performance.
- Provide technical support and perform server upgrades, maintain server settings, tableau application patches, tableau user maintenance and enhancement, backups, restore from backups, log cleanup
- End user support
- Performance tuning – application level and end user questions
- Server and data source optimization
- Work closely with data architects, SMEs and Tableau Power Users in setting up environments that meet the needs of users
- Troubleshoot and optimize Tableau dashboards/workbooks and data refreshes
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives
- Assistance with integrating to standard scheduling tools used internally or by the client (ex, OpCon, Control M, CA-7, JAMS, Airflow etc)
- General working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with Tableau
- 1-3 years hands on Tableau Administration experience in the latest versions of the Tableau suite
- Ability to set up automated processes to managed system health
- Experience in optimizing system performance and troubleshooting
- Proficient with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance, supporting audits, etc
- Ability to work closely with the user community, DBAs, ETL developers, and team members to understand and execute business needs
- Cloud experience with AWS
- Proficiency and understanding of SQL query languages
- Experience with databases like Snowflake, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Tableau Server Certified
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Linux Distributions
- Experience with VMware, KVM, Container, Kubernetes
- Experience in administering virtual machines
- Experience in creating documentation to outline processes and procedures