Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part in our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance, and paid time off!
Arkatechture is looking for a Production Support Engineer to join our engineering group and expanding the Managed Services team. The core focus of this team will be to aid and assist the business intelligence initiatives of our clients. This role will support efforts to simplify and enhance customer experience with reporting and analytics. The Production Support engineer will be performing all troubleshooting steps, assist end users (clients), enhance technical documentation, support related tasks related to Tableau, Snowflake and AWS. The ideal candidate must be analytical individuals who use critical thinking and technical expertise to relentlessly improve our services and products and provide great customer service. Good communication skills come in handy, as do the abilities to multitask and work well under pressure
- End user Tier 1 support
- Troubleshoot Issues - When technical issues with the system arise, production support engineers must act quickly to analyze the available data and find the root cause of the problem. They may then develop a solution themselves or pass the problem on to other engineering team members, all the while providing users with progress updates
- Integral part of the client support team, led by a client success manager
- Assist Users - This role entails interacting with Managed Service users (clients), and Client Support Team, Tableau SME, AWS and Snowflake Admins.
- Prepare and enhance technical documentation to be used for Support. Assist in Release Documentation
- Troubleshoot Tableau dashboards/workbooks and data refreshes
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives
- Assistance with integrating to standard scheduling tools used internally or by the client (ex, OpCon, Control M, CA-7, JAMS, Airflow etc)
- Providing weekly reports summarizing production performance, release notes for upgrades, and troubleshooting guides.
- Suggest Improvements - Suggest overall improvements to Managed Services, such as features that customers want.
- Proactively evaluate engineering processes and provide recommendations to increase efficiency
- Able to travel to client sites up to 75% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or comparable work experience.
- General working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience doing Production Support in a related field
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer service – production support engineers must communicate well with customers, paying attention to their concerns and providing clear, regular updates for ongoing requests
- Experience with SQL