is to make the next era of the internet - the decentralised web - accessible to everyone. We want a web that you can trust, where you control your own data, assets and identity.
To do this, we’ve built a crypto wallet
with the simplicity and security of the best new banking apps - without the bank. We hope it solves some of crypto’s biggest problems: there are no seed phrases, transaction fees or cryptic addresses. And it protects you from theft.
As a team, we have experience scaling mobile apps to tens of millions of users. Our eclectic backgrounds include PhDs in nuclear physics, quantum cryptography and decentralised cognitive networks. We’re fortunate to be backed by the top VCs in Europe, including Index Ventures
and firstminute capital
About the Senior Backend Engineer position
You’ll design, operate and lead the backend services that fuel Argent and give our users peace of mind. This involves developing innovative services on top of Ethereum nodes, and helping to continuously improve our engineering practices.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the team, from the iOS and Android squads to the founders and product designers. It’s a flat structure and we welcome collaboration.
Senior Backend Engineer responsibilities:
- Develop new services that enable seamless interactions between mobile clients and smart contracts
- Lead the architecture, development and operation of our backend infrastructure in a DevOps manner
- Collaborate closely with the other engineering teams to ensure an overall efficient architecture of our product
Senior Backend Engineer requirements:
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering scalable distributed systems in Java. Experience with Spring Boot preferable.
- A good knowledge of Node.js.
- Experience with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- Hands-on experience in designing and operating a secure infrastructure on AWS
- Knowledge of the Ethereum platform is a plus as our back-end interacts with our Ethereum smart contracts.
- Getting your hands dirty and you are never afraid to experiment with technology
- Good knowledge of cryptography and security best practices
- Being comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment with a lot of unknowns
How we work
We work remotely, transparently and balance Argent with the rest of our lives. We’ve all got loved ones with unpredictable schedules, be they kids or cats.
Although we’re a distributed team you'll need to be based in the UK or Europe. This is because we find communication much easier when we’re in similar time zones and a short flight away. Within Europe you can choose to work wherever you like!
We get together for a week every quarter so we can collaborate in person, explore new solutions, and have fun. So far we’ve played pétanque in Nice, bowled in Brussels and (tried to) surf in Lisbon. We've also eaten, a lot!
At the heart of what we do is making crypto accessible to everyone. We want the team itself to reflect that diversity so we’d strongly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
No agencies please