Senior Electrical Engineer
At AREVO, our team is taking 3D printing technology to the next level. We are 3D printing ultra strong composite parts exceeding the strength of titanium. We have invented the world’s strongest composite materials, True3D printing and robotic arm based factory of the future manufacturing cells — and this is just the beginning. With our technology, we are making lightweight production parts for aerospace, industrial, consumer and medical industries enabling new applications for additive manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain embedded boards to control different devices that include: industrial robots, high power lasers, laser scanners, industrial motor controllers, embedded microcontrollers, PLCs, cameras, and several sensors, and actuators.
- Coordinate the manufacturing and component mounting for PCBs.
- Enable communication among embedded hardware, sensors, and computer network. Communication with computer networks is usually via ethernet. Communication interfaces include Ethernet, EtherCat, serial ports (RS232, RS485, CAN bus), digital signals, analog signals.
- Design the new hardware generation for a filament deposition system controlled by a robot. The design requires unconventional actuation mechanism.
- Test new sensors for different fabrication processes.
- Program the embedded system to provide basic functionality on embedded systems.
- B.S. in EE with five+ years of experience (M.S. / Ph.D. with three+ years of experience)
- Experience designing and deploying embedded systems. Design experience should include Analog and Digital Circuits. Capable of taking a prototype from design to production.
- Knowledge of ARM architecture, real-time systems, basic control theory.
- Experience building PCBs. That includes sending designs to fabricate PCBs, coordination with providers to buy and mount components.
- Knowledge of brushed and brushless DC motors and sensors
- Experience using PCB design tools like Altium Designer, Eagle, KiCAD, etc.
- Knowledge of C or C++
- Hands-on attitude to quickly develop prototypes and willingness to work in a high-paced development environment.
- Capable of working independently handling multiple development projects.
- Basic knowledge of optics
- Experience with Matlab, Octave or equivalent tool
- Experience with control systems
- Knowledge of real-time control systems
- Experience with embedded vision systems
- Experience with Analog and Digital design
- Experience with motors and sensors
- Hands-on attitude to develop prototypes
- Capable of taking a prototype from design to production
- Willing to work in a high paced development environment
- Knowledge or willing to learn PCB design tools. Preferable Altium Designer.
- Knowledge of embedded C.
- Experience with Matlab, Octave or equivalent tool.
- Experience with control systems is a plus.
- Capable of handling multiple development projects.
- Capable of working independently
- Basic knowledge of optics