is seeking an experienced and talented senior embedded Linux engineer to join our team.
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with top Fortune 500 customers to retrofit industrial machines with cutting-edge IoT to drive efficiency, transparency, and next generation intelligence.
We work in electronics and textile manufacturing, as well as supply chain, and support a variety of ongoing developing world projects.
We are looking for talented and driven people wanting to make the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.Compensation
$120k - $180k
0.05 - 0.3%
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- You will create and maintain a custom Yocto based embedded Linux distribution for Arch’s IoT Gateway product that will host a variety of python applications
- You will own the over-the-air (OTA) updating system design for the Yocto based embedded Linux system as well as the continuous integration (CI) build infrastructure for timely delivery of new release images.
- If skills align (i.e. you also have skills in this area), you will also develop low level drivers to extract data from industrial communications protocols and forward onto python-based analysis programs.
- Will develop in Embedded Linux, Yocto, C and python tools to process real-time machine data
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network
- Ability to deploy your work solving cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and nonprofit developing world partners alike
- A competitive compensation package with full benefits
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- Regular mentoring sessions from our team and via external partners
- A culture of friendship with weekly happy hours, tech lunches, regular team events, and respect for personal time away from work (unlimited PTO)
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with 9 languages, 5 nationalities, and 1/3 women on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years’ experience writing C, and Embedded Linux
- Degree in CS, EE, ME or similar experience
- Have Kernel driver experience
- Passion for the intersection of hardware and software
- Good communication skills
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Have brought up Yocto on new hardware
- Have written your own board support package
- Experience with Performance Optimization
- Passion for how things work, ability to reverse engineer
- Passion for manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
- Experience deploying python apps on hardware
- Able to code complex, modular, and well tested python systems