is seeking a talented full-stack or back-end developer to join our rapidly scaling team and develop on the cloud.
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with top Fortune 500 customers to retrofit industrial machines with cutting-edge IoT to drive efficiency, transparency, and next generation intelligence.
We work in electronics and textile manufacturing, as well as supply chain, and support a variety of ongoing developing world projects.
We are looking for talented and driven people wanting to make the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
€50k - 90k/year salary
Equity opportunity in future on conversion
This is an opportunity to join our remote team in Paris, trialing an Arch expansion in Europe. You will join a team of entrepreneurial engineers building a bridge between Europe and the US, initially working with us through one of our partners, that can convert into a permanent employee when Arch comes to Europe.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Development of python-based apps running on Arch embedded devices
- Development in Arch’s IOTile Core Tools and open source libraries
- Develop build, test, and data processing infrastructure in Python
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network
- Ability to deploy your work solving cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and nonprofit developing world partners alike
- A competitive compensation package with full benefits
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- Regular mentoring sessions from our team and via external partners
- A culture of friendship with weekly gatherings both in person in Paris and digitally with the US team
- Potential to travel to the US
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years experience with Python apps such as desktop apps, embedded devices, or IoT Gateways (not web development or scientific computing alone)
- Degree in CS, EE, ME or similar experience
- Able to code modular, well tested SW systems
- Strong algorithmic background
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Professional fluency in the English language
- Passion for writing functional, scalable and beautiful code
- Mix of perfectionism and practicality
- Good communication skills
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- You have designed or maintained an open source python library
- You have architected and developed your own complex SW systems in python
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Passion for the intersection of hardware and software
- Passion for how things work, ability to reverse engineer
- Passion for manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
Resumes must be submitted in English
If you don't fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply. There are many job postings that have not been made public. If you are the right fit for our culture and team, we can find another role that may be better suited :)