Job title | Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to | Property Manager, Regional Manager
Responsible for maintaining the physical condition of the property(ies)
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the property manager to plan maintenance repairs necessary to provide safe, reliable conditions within the property.
- Maintain an inventory record of on-site materials, tools and equipment.
- Schedule, plan and ensure compliance with a Preventive Maintenance program.
- Order Supplies for the day-to-day operations of the property.
- Timely Completion of Apartment Turnovers.
- Maintain Controlled Access (Gates, Cameras, Keys, Fobs, etc.)
- Adhere to maintenance policies and provide maintenance staff with the tools and training to achieve this goal.
- Coordinate and manage capital improvement projects along with the Property Manager, the Regional Manager, and/or Director of Maintenance.
- Abide by and ensure all safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- This is a hands-on position that requires the Supervisor work closely with a workforce of skilled and inexperienced maintenance workers.
- Maintaining and cleaning of the property and property grounds, common building areas, vacated apartment units and unit appliances and equipment.
- Responsible for building system inspection/testing/maintenance requirements.
- Daily routine monitoring of central HVAC systems during peak usage to address any system failures.
- Initiate immediate corrective maintenance after a system failure.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in property maintenance.
- Must have the ability to function both effectively and independently as a member of a team.
- Must have good communication skills with a commitment to cooperate and collaborate with the property managers and team members.
- Must have strong property maintenance skills which include but are not limited to painting, carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, mechanical and janitorial.
- Must be able to understand blueprints.
- Use computers and similar devices
- Hold a valid driver’s license for the state in which you live and work.
There may be instances when you have to work with challenging tenants or employees. Qualified individual should have the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner. There may be a need to report to a property outside the normal work schedule for an emergency or various other reasons.
- This is a hands-on position that requires the Supervisor work closely with a workforce of skilled and inexperienced maintenance technicians.
- Must be willing to work after hours, on call and in emergency situations.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside of a building in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work in occupied apartment units.
Minimum Physical requirements
- Ability to lift tools, building materials, etc., which weigh up to 50 lbs. consistently, 50-75 lbs.frequently, and 75-100 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements; such as extreme temperatures dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
- Ability to stand or walk for a minimum of 8 hours a day
- Ability to work safely from a ladder
- Physical demands include frequent bending, stooping, crouching and performing overhead painting