The Maintenance Technician must have a wide range of experience in the property maintenance trades and be willing to work with and around tenants from a variety of backgrounds in completing assigned maintenance task. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting and completing in the daily maintenance service in units, common areas and around community grounds.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining and cleaning of the property and property grounds, common building areas, vacated apartment units and unit appliances and equipment.
- Complete maintenance service request from the maintenance supervisor and property manager
- Perform lawn care maintenance and snow removal
- Use computers and similar devices to record work accomplished
- Work in a team environment
- Maintain a professional appearance, be well spoken and discreet, have a good attitude.
- Available to work at other property locations.
- Being on call for emergencies, work a flexible rotating weekly schedule.
- Assisting aids and interacting with tenants and people on the job site.
- Work with outside contractors
- Abide by all safety policies and procedures
- 1-2 years of experience in property maintenance
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired but not required
- Apartment maintenance with experience that may include but are not limited to janitorial, painting, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, mechanical and carpentry
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you live and work and a clean driving record.
- Experience in trades; such as, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, drywall, janitorial, grounds work, door and lock repair.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- HVAC repair a plus
- Experience working using handtools and power tools to complete building maintenance task.
- This is a hands-on position that requires the Technician to work closely with his/her co-workers using both power and hand tools.
- Must be willing to work after hours, on call and in emergency situations.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside of a building in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work in occupied apartment units.
- Ability to lift tools, building materials, etc., which weigh up to 50 lbs. constantly, 50-75 lbs.frequently, and 75-100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements; such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to stand or walk for a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Physical demands include frequent bending, stooping, crouching and performing overhead painting.