We are looking for a full-time research associate to join our assay development team. Our team consists of scientists with diverse experiences from biochemistry to microfluidics. The ideal candidate will have significant research or industrial experience in protein purification, assay development and optimization. They will also possess a strong background in molecular biology, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as a strong desire to learn and the ability to work independently.
- Routinely perform the established assays
- Optimization of assays to increase throughput and performance
- Protein expression and purification in bacteria
- Protein quality control
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Participate in new technology evaluation, development, and implementation
- Bachelors or Masters degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory or industrial experiences with solid background in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Highly motivated, driven and detail oriented person
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Experience in working with bead based technologies and liquid handlers
- Experience in protein purification using AKTA
- Ability to start as soon as possible
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.