We are looking for a full-time Research Associate to join our high throughput screening team. Our laboratory uses a diverse set of techniques, from microbiology to biochemistry to molecular biology, in order to mine natural genetic diversity for impactful peptides, proteins, and enzymes. Your primary responsibility will be to rigorously and repeatably implement the in vivo E. coli screening workflow that is at the core of our biodiscovery efforts. The ideal candidate will have significant hands-on experience in the wet laboratory, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a demonstrated ability for self-motivated and independent project execution, and a strong desire to learn.
- Own Arbor’s in vivo E. coli screening workflow, from systematic execution of the screens to data analysis, as well as process optimizations (see publications in Molecular Cell or Science for more details)
- Independently perform basic molecular biology processes including transformations, DNA/RNA isolation and purification, restriction enzyme digests, gel electrophoresis, and PCR
- Assist with NGS and RNAseq workflows
- Execute SOPs and record results accurately and in a timely manner
- Work closely with other members of the scientific team
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Previous molecular biology wet laboratory experience
- Familiarity with BSL-1 best practices
- Strong work ethic and motivation with attention to detail and a meticulous streak
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Familiarity with liquid handling platforms
- Knowledge of microbiology, molecular cloning, biochemistry, and next generation sequencing techniques
- Prior work with CRISPR-Cas gene editing technologies
- Ability to start as soon as possible
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.