We are looking for an Operations Associate to join our team. This position is responsible for planning, organizing and executing a wide variety of projects, as well as optimizing and adapting existing processes. The ideal candidate will have administrative experience, excellent communication skills, a meticulous streak, the ability and self-motivation to work independently—and above all, the energy and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to help build a remarkable organization. The Operations Associate is a key member of our team who will regularly interface with the scientific, business, and people operations teams to maintain an efficient and excellent work environment. If you’re interested in gaining broad exposure to all aspects of building a growth phase startup with exceptional science and culture, we strongly encourage you to apply. Please submit a cover letter with your application.
- Researching, optimizing, and codifying administrative systems and processes
- Researching and implementing best practices in information organization and storage
- Working closely with controller to develop and execute sustainable sourcing and procurement processes, budgets, and manage vendor relationships as appropriate
- Providing administrative support including scanning receipts and entering invoices, and receiving packages
- Managing internal and external communications
- Maintaining positive relationship with property management and addressing facilities issues
- Planning, coordinating and executing office space changes and improvements to stay ahead of the needs of a growing company
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years administrative or office management experience
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Tech and internet savvy, including excellent proficiency with Google apps (Gmail, Drive, etc.), Dropbox, and cloud-based productivity tools
- Capable of multitasking and problem solving while maintaining high level of standards
- Can-do attitude and willingness to adapt to a fast-moving and dynamic environment
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.