At Arbor, we are uncovering a rich diversity of protein systems from nature using our discovery platform—but we recognize that to unlock their fullest potential towards impactful applications, further protein engineering may be required. As a Protein Engineer, your role will be to identify functional enhancements for protein systems on a variety of dimensions, and then lead the engineering efforts to efficiently implement the specific improvements. You will be expected to work closely with biochemistry, applications, and computational teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background and publication record demonstrating an outstanding track record of innovation and execution on protein engineering projects, in addition to possessing a strong ability to learn and exceptional self-motivation.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- PhD or Masters in structural biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability across multiple projects to scalably engineer/evolve proteins towards functional goals
- Strong work ethic, motivation, creativity, scientific curiosity
- At least 3 years of experimental research experience (industry or academic)
- Expertise in structural biology & modeling (including expertise with Rosetta/PyMol)
- Previous experience with both rational design and evolutionary-based methods of protein engineering
- Background working with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems and mammalian cell culture
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.